Saturday, November 12, 2011

kale chips, or how I learned to deal.

So, the past few weeks have been filled with an unholy amount of suckage...
My grandfather died, the Boy broke up with me, I've been crazy swamped with homework and rehearsals, and I miss my old school terribly.

But, after a few weeks of crying, stuffing my face with apple crisp, and watching Titanic over and over, I decided it was time to put on my big girl undies and toughen up.
How better to do that than listen to Adele and La Roux, and make HEALTY FOOOOOOOD! YEAH!
Okay, so that's not THAT exciting, but it led me to a food-induced epiphany- Life. Goes. On.
No matter what happens, or who you lose, or how much you push yourself, everything eventually figures itself out.

In short, this is for everyone who lost someone they love, for all the girls or guys who have been dumped, and for anyone who needs a health-food epiphany. 



Start with a bunch of flat-leaf kale... (sound delicious yet? no...? yeah, I thought so.)

...yummy?



Cut it up into little squares/random mouth sized shapes.

mouth sized. yeah.


Toss it into a pan with some olive oil and seasonings. (Salt and pepper, garlic salt, Old Bay... whatever you like.)

Starting to be yummier...



Bake it up, eat up, and toughen up.

Also, try not to call your ex the night they break up with you. Please. For my sake, if not yours.

BTW- just use enough oil to lightly coat the kale you have, and bake at 300º for about 20 minutes, or until crisp.


Good Luck, and don't be too hard on yourself, kay?
    -G

P.S.- I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment