Saturday, November 5, 2011

marshmallows and music...?

Hi, I'm grace, and I'm addicted to music and marshmallows.
Yeah. For real.
So I figured you should try it, and to make this easy for you, here's a recipe for marshmallows, and a quickie playlist of my faves, WITH links.

You can thank me later.


Just as a quick warning, this marshmallow recipe is DANGEROUSLY easy, and I have to say that my blood sugar level suffered during that time, along with my friend Libby's (from Ironic Couture.)

Let's get started, shall we?


First off, get your gelatin soaking in a mixer bowl, then put the sugar, syrup, and water in a pot. 
Bring to a boil, and boil for one minute.

Boiling away...



Pour it into the mixer with the gelatin, and whip for 12 minutes until it is fluffy. Mix in the vanilla and salt.


Fluffy!


Pour into a pan lined with oiled plastic wrap, and let sit for at least an hour.

I can't even wait...


Use scissors to cut the marshmallow slab into little cubes, and dust with powdered sugar.

YUM!



Ingredients-
3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar for dredging

Firstly, put the cold water into a mixer bowl, and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Let this sit for 10 minutes.

While the gelatin is soaking, combine the 1/4 cup of water, white sugar, and corn syrup in a pan. Bring it to a boil, and boil hard for one minute.

Pour the (HOT) syrup into the gelatin, and mix on high for about 12 minutes. It should be huge, fluffy, and magical. :)

Put that mixture into a pan lined with oiled plastic wrap, and let it sit for an hour. After an hour, remove the marshmallow slab from the pan and coat it with powdered sugar. Use scissors to cut it into little cubes, coat them with powdered sugar, and enjoy!



BUT WOAAHHHHH
we're not even done yet!
As promised, a bunch of my favorite songs, with links! 

M83- Midnight City (this song is SCARY good. I'm not even kidding.)



Crystal Castles- Crimewave (not that good, but catchy.)






happy listening!
   -g

No comments:

Post a Comment